e-Learning: Site-Based Budgeting
November 12-13, 2020
What is an e-Learning?
An online course where participants register individually and access the session with a direct email. Sessions are typically 2.5 hours (1:30pm ET - 4pm ET) each day. Attendance is recorded and upon successful completion, CEUs are applied towards certification requirements.
Description: NAHRO's Site-Based Budgeting training is designed specifically for site-based or AMP staff. This training will provide staff with the fundamentals of designing and implementing a site-based budget, as well as making budgetary adjustments when required. This session will greatly improve the level of communication between site or AMP staff and the agency's Finance Department, as both will finally be working in sync with one another.
Objectives: HUD's Asset Management model assumes that agency personnel directly responsible for day-to-day operations of the properties will have included in their responsibilities, preparing the budgets for their properties and administering their project activities from their approved budgets.
- Define the basics of budgets and budgeting;
- Explains the accountable front-line property manager's role in budget formulation and administration;
- Review the common sources of income and typical categories of expenditures;
- Discuss possible sources of information for compiling initial budgets;
- Describe further topics needed to become fully proficient in budgeting
Who Should Attend?
It is particularly helpful for site or AMP managers and their assistants, but maintenance staff should also have a working understanding of budgets, particularly for those line items they are specifically responsible for.