Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Virtual Classroom
Interactive Zoom Meeting
***Early Bird closes on 2/16/21 at 11:59pm ET***
Title: Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Distance Learning (Virtual Classroom)
Over five 4-hour modules, participants will be provided with the knowledge and skills needed to properly inspect Public Housing Agency (PHA) Program units. This interactive and comprehensive training, which discusses specifications of the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) and the inspector’s roles and responsibilities, enhances participants’ knowledge of and abilities to meet new challenges and procedures related to using Uniform Physical Condition Standards. Fulfills one of the requirements for the CSI-UPCS certification. Becoming a NAHRO Certified Specialists of Inspection Uniform Physical Condition Standards is a great way to show your commitment to becoming a knowledgeable, engaged and ethical leader in your organization. Ethics for Specialists is the other course you’ll want to complete to apply for your certification.
What is the Schedule?
Monday, March 8 to Friday March 12 from 1:00-5:00pm ET
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Identify the work skills necessary for inspecting public housing sites and dwelling units;
· Facilitate an understanding of how proper inspection work skills can increase a housing agency’s capacity to meet its mission to provide safe housing;
· Increase participants’ understanding of the interrelationship of PASS and PHAS;
· Provide a foundation for the changes in the system as it relates to Asset Management;
· Increase participants’ familiarity with and understanding of UPCS procedures and inspection forms; and
· Provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate their agency’s current inspection operation, including the identification of strengths, weaknesses, and growth potential, and to identify goals and solve problems related to conducting UPCS inspections.
Who should attend?
· What impact the UPCS has on an agency’s overall PHAS score
· How to conduct an annual inspection
· The Inspector’s roles and responsibilities
· Systems or methods to improve PASS scores