New Section 3 Requirements for 2021
1:30 PM - 4:00 PM ET
Early Bird Ends 2/24/21!
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. In the fall of 2020 HUD release and updated final Section 3 rule that changes the compliance and reporting requirements. To the greatest extent possible, Section 3 requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or -very low income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. Learning is interactive with exercises, discussion, and opportunities for participants to have their questions addressed. This session will focus on the new fall 2020 Section 3 regulation that begins to be implemented in the summer of 2021
• Understand the new Section 3 requirements associated with Federal funds;
• Learn about HUD’s focus on the new Section 3 and its updated monitoring of the program;
• Acquire information about how to develop a plan for your agency, including the necessary record keeping and compliance processing;
• Learn methodologies to ensure contractor compliance;
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of Section 2 of the HUD Act of 1968, and the new Section 3 Regulation and requirements;
• Discover HUD’s new expectations and learn what to do to avoid a finding;
• Explore best practices in developing and maintaining the program;
• Increase confidence that your agency can meet HUD’s new and updated compliance requirements
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.