Early Bird Ends 5/25/21!
What is the Schedule?
June 15-18, 2021 from 1:30-4:30pm ET
Note: Electronic copy of training manual included in the pricing.
What our customers have to say:
Excellent instructor...very interactive
Good reinforcement information for all levels of board experience
Very informative – addressed several subjects I wasn’t aware of as a new commissioner
Interactive sessions in chat rooms provided an opportunity to “meet” others and get ideas from them
Join our Commissioners Fundamentals course to create a strong foundation for your work as a housing commissioner. The commissioner’s role is complex and can be daunting at times. We hope you will join us as we:
• explore the roles and responsibilities of housing commissioners,
• discover the multi-faceted commissioner roles as advocate, leader, team builder and strategist, as well as the intricacies of board-staff relationships and boundaries,
• review the principles and strategies of board governance, as well as some of the oversight functions of the board.
This virtual classroom includes four online modules, over four days. You will need to attend all four days to receive your course completion certificate. Commissioners Fundamentals is one of two NAHRO courses required to obtain your NAHRO Commissioners Certification. Becoming a NAHRO Certified Commissioner is a great way to show your commitment to becoming a knowledgeable, engaged and ethical leader in your organization. Ethics for Commissioners is the other course you’ll want to complete to apply for your certification.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Identify the various roles of a commissioner
· Explore the principles of board governance
· Define the commissioner’s role in agency policies
· Describe the commissioner’s role in the oversight of agency finances, and
· Explore the boundaries and relationship between commissioners and the Executive Director
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for new housing commissioners, as well as experience commissioners wanting to expand their knowledge or working to complete their NAHRO Commissioners Certification.