Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons Virtual Classroom
Interactive Zoom Meeting
September 14-17, 2021
Early Bird Pricing closes on 8/24/21!
What is the Schedule?
September 14-17 from 1:00-4:00pm ET
New Section 3 standards took effect November 2020. This session will cover understanding the role of residents and cover the final rule requirements at a high level. The NEW Section 3 regulation at 24 CFR Part 75 will be reviewed to include the transition to labor hours and the associated recordkeeping requirements. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance, to the greatest extent possible, provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low- or very-low-income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods. Get the latest!!!!
- Gain an update on the latest provisions of Section 3 standards and reporting
- Gain technical instruction for the development and implementation of a Section 3 program that complies with all Federal laws and requirements
- Develop an understanding of the Section 3 requirements associated with the use of Federal funds
- Receive direction for the development of a Section 3 action/implementation plan
- Review information on required record keeping, compliant processing, and resolution for labor standards and Section 3.
- Discover methodologies to ensure contractor compliance
- Learn of the best practices of other agencies in the industry
Who Should Attend?
Executive Directors, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Finance Officers, Modernization and Construction Managers, Procurement staff.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.