e-Learning: Ethics for Commissioners
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Early Bird Pricing Ends 4/7/21!
Join our NEW Ethics for Commissioners training!
Ethics play a significant role in the life of a commissioner. This training will increase commissioner’s understanding of professional conduct guidelines, and their ability to recognize and appropriately address ethics-related issues and problems that may arise. Learn about laws, regulations and policies impacting ethical conduct and build your capacity as a board member.
This course, intended for new commissioners and as a refresher for veteran commissioners, uses practical applications and skills assessment exercises to reinforce ethical concepts. You’ll leave with practical strategies to minimize risk and improve the ethical conduct of your Board and organization.
This training is a requirement for individuals seeking to obtain the NAHRO Commissioners Certification.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
· Identify key laws & documents related to ethical conduct in affordable housing.
· Identify the definition of ethics & understand its relevance in affordable housing.
· Apply strategies to identify ethical dilemmas and to avoid conflicts of interest.
· Recognize the importance of the commissioner's fiduciary duty, and
· Identify and implement strategies to promote ethical conduct on the Board and in their agency.
Who Should Attend?
Both new and veteran Commissioners, as well as Executive Directions interested clarifying roles, as well as enhancing and building effective relationships with their Board.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.