Early Bird ends 12/28/21!
What is the schedule?
Wednesday, January 19 and Thursday, January 20 from 1:30-4pm ET
Description: The foundation of success for families in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program is through the successful execution and management of the Contract of Participation. The contract can be an effective tool in guiding the relationship between the agency, case manager/coordinator and client. Effective use of the contract’s Individual Training and Services Plan (ITSP) both provides the commitment from the agency and the entire family to pursue contract completion and holistically address the needs for the entire family. A strong commitment to self-sufficiency from the agency’s hierarchy – at all levels of management - provides a supportive environment for this work to be done and is a win-win for the agency. It promotes the ethical stewardship of funding by promoting the mobility of families which will allow more families in need to be served. Creating a strong Program Coordinating Committee brings full circle the FSS program’s goal of leveraging community assets for effective service delivery and increases the availability of resources for clients’ needs upon referral.
- Effectively develop and execute a Contract of Participation understanding the relationship between the agency and client roles in completing the contract.
- Learn the tools needed for the agency to provide and facilitate the services needed for families to become successful.
- Learn to case manage and coach clients, increasing the client’s ability to establish goals, make decisions and navigate the self-sufficiency process.
- Effective engage the entire family in the commitment to self-sufficiency.
- Understand the agency’s role in creating, and providing, an environment the supports self-sufficiency from leadership to staff.
Who Should Attend?
Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinators and Case Managers, FSS Program Managers
Level (Foundational, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert): Foundational