Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Virtual Classroom
Interactive Zoom Meeting
February 14-18, 2022
Early Bird Pricing closes on 1/24/22/!
What is the Schedule?
February 14 from 1pm-5pm ET
February 15 from 1pm-4pm ET
February 16 from 1pm-4pm ET
February 17 from 1pm-5pm ET
February 18 from 1pm-4pm ET
What our customers have to say:
· I love how detailed and thorough this course is. I've taken HQS Certification classes from other agencies and I feel like I've been missing out all these years. I'm so glad to have the pleasure of attending this NAHRO training and would recommend it to anyone. The instructor was very knowledgeable and I left feeling like all my questions had been answered.
· I learned so much information. Helped me better understand the responsibilities of the inspector.
· I loved being able to interact personally with the instructor and class; that the materials were already printed out, organized and ready to just move seamlessly through it.
· I liked that the Faculty was very interactive with the participants, that can sometimes be difficult via zoom.
· The instructor was very inclusive and encouraged group participation. This made the training much more engaging and interactive.
Improve the level of your HCV and PBV/Section 8 Housing Inspections and meet SEMAP requirements. Develop or fine-tune related work skills, review procedures and forms affecting standards, and learn how to evaluate your current operations to identify strengths and challenges. In order to obtain the NAHRO Certified Specialist of Inspection – Housing Quality Standards (CSI-HQS) Certification, an exam and Ethics class is required.
Electronic copy of training manual included in pricing. Certification Exam and Ethics class must be purchased separately.
Through expert instruction, you will learn to conduct a thorough inspection to illustrate (or rediscover) details that must be observed in order to identify actions to be taken. Specific topics to be addressed are:
- Section 8 Pre-Inspection and Inspection Preparation and Procedures
- Negotiation and Arbitration—How to Successfully Come to Agreement with Landlords and Residents
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Consistency—How to Pass Inspections, Even When HUD Arrives for a Surprise Review
- Reinspection—How to Avoid Pitfalls
Who should attend?
Section 8 Housing Inspectors, Preventative Maintenance Inspectors, and new and seasoned inspectors.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.