Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
DESIGNATED NAHRO TRAINING CENTER - GREENSBORO, NC
1.75 Continuing Education Units
Who Should Attend?
Section 8 Housing Inspectors, Preventative Maintenance Inspectors, and new and seasoned inspectors.
Through expert instruction, you will learn to conduct a thorough inspection to illustrate (or rediscover) details that must be observed in order to identify actions to be taken. Specific topics to be addressed are:
- Section 8 Pre-Inspection and Inspection Preparation and Procedures
- Negotiation and Arbitration—How to Successfully Come to Agreement with Landlords and Residents
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Consistency—How to Pass Inspections, Even When HUD Arrives for a Surprise Review
- Reinspection—How to Avoid Pitfalls
Day 1: 8:00am - 8:30am - Check In
Day 1: 8:30am - 4:30pm - Training
Day 2: 8:30am - 4:30pm - Training
Day 3: 8:30am - 2:30pm - Training
Day 3: 2:30pm - 4:30pm - Certification Exam